Saturday, June 5, 2021

Guilt

Watched season 14, episode 9 of Grey's Anatomy. In this episode, an abusive husband comes back to haunt the Jo Wilson character. I really dislike those kind of story lines. It's who Renee wanted me to be. She spent many years telling me that I was that person.

Now, after 20 years of being told in every discussion that I was abusive, I do get angry. I get very angry and I lash out at Renee. Sadly, lashing out is also the only way to get information from her. I feel trapped between a rock and a hard place.

The worst part, even talking about can be passed off as denial. Who is going to believe that a wife is gaslighting her husband? And if it hurts me, if I respond in any way, then it merely confirms the lie - I'm abusive. I can't feel. I can't be angry. Renee only responds to anger.

I wish I had the patience Jesus displayed. I don't. So I listen to Him. I tell Him. And then I do something, knowing that sometimes I'll be right (even if it's mean) and He'll testify on my behalf when I'm not. I belong to Him. He knows the truth, even the ugly parts. I trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment