Sunday, November 10, 2019

Listening

I know that so much has gone wrong with this move. It's frustrating, overwhelming, and disheartening. I don't want to add to it. So if this sounds like "Dad lecturing", I'm sorry.

You need to stop and listen. God has something to say. He knows where you need to be - Hickory Chase or somewhere else. He knew about the cars. He knew about the apartment, the job, all of it.

I don't mean to imply that you could have avoided any of it. Sometimes we go through trouble anyway, even when we do everything He asks of us. I'm trying to say that you don't have to navigate this alone. Thinking about every possibility. Weighing options. Then making nothing more than a guess. Gambling with your money. Even if it seems to go bad, God always leads you right where you're supposed to be.

This, of course, begs the question - how do you know what God says?

Do you remember when we sat at Sonic, talking about Wittenberg? That crazy exercise I had you do - write 3 pages? I've found for myself that my own thoughts tend to get in the way. The aim of those 3 pages is that you tell God what you want. Open and honestly. Then be quiet. Sit back, close your eyes, and be quiet.

God speaks softly. Listen. It will be a nudge. A feeling that you should do something - no matter how small. Start with the first step. And follow this trail where it goes. You won't regret it.


No comments:

Post a Comment