Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I'm Not Laughing

My wife sent me this link tagged as very funny. It makes quite an interesting story. A 5 foot chicken sounds cool. Everything else about the story made me sad.

In the interest of full disclosure, I wasn't in a good mood this morning. So let's talk this through...

The story begins with the husband forbidding her to buy towels. I've had those conversations. And they went about as well as this one. There was a distinct lack of communication. I guess that beach towels don't work well as shower towels. Sorry, as a male my understanding of these things is limited. Her husband suffers the same limitation. First sad thing: husband and wife not talking.

So next, the wife buys a huge chicken. She bought it with the full intention of annoying her husband. There was no love, no honor in that decision. She acted selfishly - no matter how cool a 5 foot chicken is. Sad thing number two.

This starts a passive aggressive fight with each accusing the other of escalating. Does any of this sound familiar? The comments on the blog say that quite a few people have shared this experience. Sad thing number three.

It's normal to fight over purchases, to use money as a weapon, and for husbands and wives to wrestle over dominance. If that's normal, maybe it's better to be weird. Sad, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment